Friday 20 December 2013

My Journey into Longarm Quilting

The last nine months have been a whirlwind.  I have always been intrigued by the quilting process that follows our careful piecing of fabrics into stunning projects.  Early this year I was on a day out with my husband in a regional shopping centre a couple of hours away and happened to spot a beautiful and large Bernina sitting on a frame for quilting in one of the shops.   As we left there I had my 'light bulb' moment and said to my husband 'that is what I could do'.   I had friends that were opening a shop in town with giftware and fabric so it was an ideal time to do this.  From there I investigated the variety of longarm quilting machines and decided on the Handi Quilter Fusion 24 on the large 12 foot frame with Pro Stitcher software.  I called their head office and they directed me to one of their dealers and from there I was fascinated by this huge machine and what it could do and there started my journey into longarm quilting.






No comments:

Post a Comment